Student Dress Code
- Clothing shall be within one size of proper fit.
- Clothing shall be clean, in good repair, with no holes, cuts or tears.
- The district prohibits any clothing that promotes disruptive behavior.
- Shirts, designed to button at the neck, shall have no more than the top button unfastened.
- Crew-neck T-shirts and turtleneck shirts.
- Dresses with sleeves and a collar or high crew neck. If designed to button at the neck, no more than the top button shall be unfastened.
- Vests, sweaters, V-neck sweaters, sweatshirts, pullovers, coats, jackets, and hoodies (must have an approved shirt underneath).
- Shirts/Tops must be proper length and fit, tucked into pants, if non-tailored or excessive in length (longer than the fingertips when the student’s hands are down at his/her sides).
- Shirts/Tops and Pants/Bottoms must overlap or be tucked in at all times, including when arms are raised.
- White tops must have either a white undershirt or white or flesh-colored undergarments.
- Hoods on clothing may not be worn over the head in the building.
- Baggy, sheer, skin-tight, sleeveless, or excessively large tops.
- Solid-colored khaki (tan spectrum), black, navy, or gray pants, shorts, capris, skirts, skorts and jumpers.
- Denim in approved colors.
- Shorts, skirts, dresses, jumpers and skorts must be no shorter than two inches above the top of the knee.
- All bottoms must fit to waist and be hemmed.
- Low-rise, hip-hugger, tight-fitting, skinny, jeggings, stretchy, shiny, leather or leather-like material, sweatpants, wind pants, sagging, baggy and over-length styles.
- Belts are required with pants and shorts at middle school, junior and senior high.
- Shoestrings and shoe straps must be attached and worn properly.
- Solid-colored tights, leggings or jeggings may only be worn under skirts, dresses, skorts or jumpers.
- Flip-flops, slides, house shoes, high heels, skates or platform shoes.
- Hats, caps, sock hats, curlers, sweatbands, stockings, bandanas, head scarves, visors, sunglasses or other similar head coverings.
- Spiked accessories or chains (including those attached to wallets or belt loops).
For additional information refer to Policy JFCA: